c'est moi.

c'est moi.
ddd

inspiration

Come sit down beside me with a dollar and a dime, we'll drink away our fortunes, here's to the meantime. -Grace Potter
ddd
ddd


ddd

cheers!

cheers!
ddd
.

followers.

tweet me!

find me.

tumblr.

.

11.16.2011

tis the season.

It's that time of the year- Christmas music, reindeer games, Tom the turkey, food overload, warm beverages, ornaments, black friday, gifts, gifts, and more gifts. I sat down to my computer today and began to put together my yearly Christmas list; it filled up with the typical gift cards, running and golf gear, jewelry, shoes, clothes, and sports tickets- it's always the same. As my word document flooded over to a second page, I stopped a moment to really consider what my favorite part of the holiday season was. It's not about opening my gifts or showing off my new belongings, like it was when I was a kid or teenager. No- this year it's all about giving. How great does it feel when you spot the perfect gift for someone you care about? Whether it's the new crafty decoration for mom, grilling gadget for dad, gag gift for brother, sassy and fun gift for the BFF, or the absolutely adorable gift for your significant other, deriving that sense of pure and utter joy isn't hard to come by. And what's even better than buying the perfect gift is personally creating the perfect gift. My favorite gifts (both given and received) have been handmade- handwritten letters, photographs, or poems. Those are the ones that your loved ones hold nearest and dearest. My mom has a box of all of the notes I've written her for her birthday or Christmas, and they melt her heart every time she reads them. When I hear how much of an impact something I've given someone has had on them, there is such an inner peace, happiness, and satisfaction. This holiday season, we should all remember the real meaning of Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or whatever it is you partake in personally. It's not about what insanely expensive gift you give or receive, it's about creating meaningful memories and giving thanks for all the luxuries you have in life. I urge you to donate some time or resources just once between now and the New Year to someone in need. If you are fortunate enough to be reading this online post right now, you are luckier than 70% of the world's population who don't have access to the internet. If 70% don't have access to the internet, can you imagine how many don't have access to daily meals, clean drinking water, or a place to call home? Let this be your daily reminder to give thanks for every blessing you receive, and to focus on deriving your happiness on giving rather than receiving.

0 comments: