c'est moi.

c'est moi.
ddd

inspiration

Come sit down beside me with a dollar and a dime, we'll drink away our fortunes, here's to the meantime. -Grace Potter
ddd
ddd


ddd

cheers!

cheers!
ddd
.

followers.

tweet me!

find me.

tumblr.

.

8.23.2011

a personal story; my best friend's engaged.


So very excited to announce that my oldest and closest lady friend, Shila, is engaged! Her wonderful fiancee dropped a knee a mere year after meeting her and it's a match made for the long run! I am so incredibly ecstatic for them. We had dinner last night and she was glowing, meanwhile, I honestly don't think I could wipe the plastered smile off my face if I tried. We reminisced of all the great memories we shared of high school, college, and beyond. She's one of those people that I could go several months without speaking to, call her up, and it's like we had just talked the day before. We've survived our rebel streaks of high school, midnight swimming, camping out, early afternoon trips to the mall, road trips to NYC, summer's spent sunbathing on my parents roof, "boys, boys, boys" (as Lady Gaga would say), bonfires, losing an emotional state championship softball game (her sporting #6 and I, #9), watching her pack up and move away for college, the months it would take her to come home, the friends we've shared that have come and gone- and yet, here we are nearly a decade later still standing strong. Friendships like this come about once in a lifetime- she is truly that person I could call anytime day or night and she would drive across the country to bail me out of whatever trouble I'd found myself in. If I ever needed a place to stay, she would answer her door at 3am and her fiancee would volunteer to sleep on the couch, so I could snuggle up in bed with her- he's a saint! Life has gotten away from us- it seems like just yesterday we were 16 and trying to figure out where we fit in. And now, life consists of rings, houses, careers and family. There has been an unspoken understanding since the beginning that one day we'd serve as each others maid of honor. It finally all became a reality last night. I'm excited, honored and absolutely terrified! I haven't been to a wedding since I was 16, so my work is cut out for me. Thankfully, Shila is already on top of her game since she knew 2 months after meeting her future hubby that he was the one- so you can imagine she's already started pulling ideas for her dream wedding. In the meantime, I need to hit the books as I try to get a list together of things to do. With just under 13 months to go before the big day, I am going to make my rookie debut one for the record books, because I can't think of anyone more deserving of her wildest fantasies being made into reality than my red headed other half.

0 comments: