c'est moi.

c'est moi.
ddd

inspiration

Come sit down beside me with a dollar and a dime, we'll drink away our fortunes, here's to the meantime. -Grace Potter
ddd
ddd


ddd

cheers!

cheers!
ddd
.

followers.

tweet me!

find me.

tumblr.

.

11.02.2011

26.2

from: support@raceit.com
to: hhutchins9@gmail.com
date: Tues, November 1, 2011
subject: Transaction Confirmation for 2012 KeyBank Vermont City Marathon

Congratulations, Holly!

You are now registered for the 24th annual KeyBank Vermont City Marathon taking place on Sunday, May 27, 2012.

Stay current with important event updates by following us on Facebook, Twitter and our blog, The RunDown.

Complete information available on our website: http://www.runvcm.org/ 


What's really hard to believe about this whole thing is that it's been over 2 years since I last competed in a foot race. I grew up running track and cross-country, and developed a love/hate relationship with running very quickly. It's just one of those things. You hate doing it, but love that endorphin high when it's all over. In October 2009, I completed my first and only half-marathon with my ex-marathoner father. It was one of the most inspiring, but humbling experiences I have ever had. People who don't run long distances think people like me are crazy. But to me, distance running is one of the most profound personal feats you can set out on. It's not even so much about the actual race day that is the real test of your resiliency and dedication. It's about the months and months of training you have to embark on in order to prepare yourself for just one single final performance. I'm ready to cross the big 26.2 off my list of life goals. I'm ready to dig deep mentally and physically over the next 207 days and do something for myself. I'm ready to test my strength, dedication, and potential. I'm ready to reach the finish line on marathon day and know that I did it. So let the training begin!





7 comments:

Steph said...

So awesome that you are setting your mind to this run and you're gonna do it! I've been an athlete my whole life but now that I'm gradauted from school and working in the real world, it's hard to find time to do the workouts I'd like to do. Hoping you can be my motivation!
xo Steph

Sar said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on registration! Can't wait to read all about it!

Karlita said...

wow! congratulations!!

CALLIE said...

That's awesome!! I did a half last December. Good Luuuuck!!!!!!

henning love said...

yay!! good for you for signing up good luck with the training :-)

Bianca said...

Good luck!! And congrats! I'm sure you'll do amazing! I'm excited to follow your training -we'll see how I do Sunday but training was an absolute blast. eek!

Joy Spaulding said...

maybe i'll see you there! congrats!